Being an association professional can be full of awkward moments. Saying the wrong thing in an interview or meeting, accidentally hitting “reply all” when responding to an email, or calling someone by the wrong name can all lead to embarrassing or cringe-worthy moments in the workplace.
CSAE is asking all “F10s” (association or business professionals, ages 22 to 32, in the first 10 years of your career) to create a humorous 3-minute video about a workplace blunder or regrettable mistake.
Be creative, original and make us laugh for a chance to win an iPad mini and a complimentary registration to the 2016 CSAE National Conference & Showcase in Toronto. This is your opportunity for nation-wide fame among the CSAE community!
Grab your digital camera, mobile device or flaunt your animation skills and tell us about your awkward moments in the workplace. You can work alone or in a group of coworkers from your organization. All entries will receive free admission to the “F10 Day” events at the CSAE National Conference on Thursday, October 27, 2016 (Gala not included).
Your video should include:
· Up to 3 awkward or embarrassing moments you’ve faced in the workplace
· How you tried to overcome them
· What you’ve learned from these experiences
Note that your experiences don’t have to be about you. They can also be about one of your F10 peers or coworkers.
Links for all entries will be posted on CSAE’s website and social media pages. The winning entry will have their video screened at CSAE’s 2016 National Conference & Showcase in Toronto to more than 500 industry peers.
· A 32 GB iPad Mini
· A complimentary registration to the 2016 CSAE National Conference & Showcase in Toronto, October 26 – 28, 2016
· A 1-year CSAE Executive or Business membership
(If a group submission is selected as the winner, the group must choose who from their group will receive the prizes.)
Suggested Resources for Shooting and Editing
· Digital camera
· iMovie for Mac
· Windows Live Moviemaker.
· Android Vim Trim Pro.
· AVS Video Editor (Free here)
Other Helpful Resources
There are many resources available online to help you produce your own quality video. Here are just a few:
All video and animation submissions will be viewed and scored by an independent panel of F10 stakeholders and specialists in video content. Three finalists will be selected. The winning entry will be determined by a national vote of F10 peers based upon the following:
· Originality and creativity
· Humour and wit
· Relevance of story
· Adherence to contest rules
How to Submit Your Entry
1. Post your completed video or animation on either Youtube or Vimeo.
2. Submit your video along with your completed submission form via email to email@example.com using the subject line: F10 Competition 2016.
3. Each entry must include:
a. A completed submission form.
b. A link to your video.
c. Written consent if your entry is about one of your F10 peers.
Video Contest Rules
1. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm EDT on Friday, September 9, 2016.
2. Submissions must not exceed 3 minutes in duration.
3. Videos must be original creations.
4. Contest entrant must obtain all requisite permissions and ensure your video does not infringe any copyrights. For copyright information, consult YouTube copyright tips.
5. Consent from all individuals identifiable in the video must be submitted as per the Consent and Release paragraph on the submission form. If an individual in the video is under the age of majority in their province of residence, written permission must be from the individual’s parent or legal guardian.
6. You must inform your organization of your submission.
The winning entrant will be informed on September 16, 2016. Thereafter, the winner will be announced on CSAE’s website, newsletter and social media pages.
If you have any questions, please contact Sophia Mafaje, Membership Assistant at
416-363-3555 ext. 239 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck and may the best awkward moment win!