Terms & Conditions
Placing an Order
Orders can be made online through this website, or by faxing or mailing an order form to CSAE. You may also call 416.363.3555, ext. 225/1.800.461.3608, ext. 225 to place an order. All orders are shipped by regular Canada Post letter mail, unless shipping by courier requested (additional charges will apply).
Publication orders will be charged a minimum of $10 per order. Shipping is free for orders of $500 and more. Additional charges will apply for international orders, and CSAE does not pay customs/duties charges on international shipments. All prices are subject to change without notice. Orders are generally shipped within 5-7 business days, dependent on product availability. To check availability, or if you have questions about shipping charges or special shipping instructions, please contact Publications.
All orders must be prepaid by credit card (we accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express) or by cheque made payable to 'CSAE.' Orders will not be processed or shipped until full payment is received and processed.
You must be an active member of CSAE in order to take advantage of member pricing. Please note that applicable taxes (GST or HST) must be applied to the order subtotal as indicated on the order form (order total + shipping charges = order subtotal x GST or HST = Grand Total). All prices are subject to change without notice. For your convenience, shipping charges and taxes are calculated automatically when you place your order online.
Please refer to this site to confirm current prices for publications. For bulk pricing (where available), please contact Publications.
Publications purchased from the CSAE Bookstore may be returned within 30 days of purchase date for a refund of the purchase price. The purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs, unless an error is made by CSAE in processing the order. Returned books must be received in resalable condition. Books returned in worn condition (bent, marked, stapled, creased, etc.) will not be refunded. Discounted publications will not be refunded (exchange or credit towards other CSAE products may be offered). To arrange for return of publications, please contact Publications.
Conference, Showcase & Events Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations: A cancellation fee may apply to cancelled registrations. Please see individual event pages for the cancellation policy. No refunds will be issued if a registration is cancelled 30 days or less prior to the Conference, Showcase or Event. Deferrals are not permitted. Substitutions are accepted without penalty, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. CSAE will adhere to the member/non-member fee differential.
- Payments: If you are paying by cheque, you are not considered registered until payment is received and processed.
- Accommodations: For any CSAE event, you are responsible for arranging your own accommodation. For the National Conference, CSAE has negotiated group rates at several properties. Please check the National Conference’s Travel and Accommodation section for more information, and book within the block. CSAE works directly with host hotels for every event. Unauthorized housing companies (called hotel “poachers”) have been contacting CSAE members, offering cheaper rates at hotels in the CSAE block, or other area hotels. This practice, also known as “room pirating”, is a scam that all conference attendees should be aware of in order to avoid passing along personal and financial information. CSAE does not sell or share either member lists or attendee lists.
- Conference Registration: If you are attending the full Conference, the tickets to social functions are included in the price. Indicate which of the social events you will be attending by clicking the box. Add Extra/Solo tickets only if you wish to purchase additional tickets. Tickets to social events are not refundable.
- Conference Social Bundle: The Social Bundle includes ALL social events but does not include education sessions.
CAE® Program Policies & Procedures
Program Schedule & Registration:
Courses are offered three times a year. Register by completing the application form and sending it with the applicable tuition fees to the Canadian Society of Association Executives. Payment must be received in full before the course start date.
Please see the CAE® Program registration form for specific information about tuition fees. When registering for the first time, an additional non-refundable $250 (+GST/HST) materials fee will be applied. Books will be shipped once payment is received. Tuition fees cover instructor support and course content. Internet connection and e-mail are the responsibility of the student. CAE® course fees are tax deductible for income tax purposes. Tax receipts will reflect all courses taken during a calendar year and will be issued by February 28 of the following year by request.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Participants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $100 administration fee (+GST/HST) up to 10 days after the course start date. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. The course materials fee is non-refundable. Refunds will not be applicable for cancellation requests received more than 10 days into the course.
Students who discover they are unable to complete a course after the last refund date are able to defer their enrollment to the following term, up until the due date of the first assignment. Deferring enrollment allows the student to participate in the following term for a $200.00 fee in lieu of the full tuition.
Qualified CAEs will grade participants based on the completion of two major assignments and participation in course discussion forums. The pass mark for each course is 60%. At the end of each term, CSAE will forward a transcript of grades and certificate of completion.