Developing tomorrow’s association leaders
The Donna Mary Shaw Award recognizes emerging not-for-profit professionals. This award helps to develop tomorrow’s association leaders by providing resources, education, and mentorship.
Named in honour of the late Donna Mary Shaw, who was dedicated to advancing association management and the mentoring of youth, the Donna Mary Shaw Award assists emerging professionals wishing to pursue careers in the not-for-profit sector.
Up to six individuals may win in any given year*:
- Two from British Columbia, Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan and/or Manitoba
- Two from Ontario
- Two from Québec and/or Atlantic Canada
*Please note that prize distribution is determined by Statistics Canada’s latest estimated population size.
CSAE members may nominate any promising emerging non-profit staff from within their professional network. As the nominator, you commit to mentoring the young professional for a period of one year while CSAE will support the award recipient with professional development and networking opportunities.
Donna Mary Shaw Award recipients receive:
- Any two of the following:
- CSAE Membership
- CAE Course
- A registration for a National event/seminar
- One registration to CSAE’s National Conference and Showcase
- Mentorship for one year from their nominator
(Prizes can be claimed up to 12 months following receipt of the award.)
- Be an active CSAE Executive or Business member and maintain CSAE membership during the year the award recipient receives his or her prizes
- Submit no more than one nomination per year
- Commit to providing the recipient with mentorship throughout the year
- Be employed in a full-time capacity within the not-for-profit sector
- Have worked in the not-for-profit sector for a minimum of one year and no longer than 5 years
- Maintain their non-profit employment status in the year following their award in order to claim their prizes
The deadline for submissions is July 16, 2018 at 5PM (EDT). All documents must be submitted through the online application process. The online submission can be edited until the submission deadline. Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.