Association Executives who are members of the Canadian Society of Association Executives shall maintain the highest standard of conduct, act with fairness, integrity and dignity and in a manner not detrimental to the interest of the public, their employer or CSAE. They shall not violate any laws in the performance of their duties. As members of the Society they agree to abide by this Code.
Association Executives shall:
THE CODE serves to enhance public confidence in the integrity and service of association executives. Adherence to this Code is required for membership in the Society, and the Society shall interpret and enforce the Code in the manner set out in the Society's formal discipline process.
- Serve their associations faithfully, respecting confidentiality, and avoiding conflicts of interest and activities for personal gain at the expense of their associations or their members
- Advise their associations' governing boards concerning any contemplated actions or decisions which they know to be illegal or unethical, and shall further advise their boards of the possible consequences of proceeding with such actions or decisions
- Serve all members of their associations impartially, provide no special privilege to any individual member, and accept no personal compensation from a member except with the knowledge and consent of their association's governing boards
- Advise the Society of any member who may have committed an act in contravention of this Code
- Foster an environment where the interaction among employees, volunteers, suppliers and clients is conducted fairly, and discrimination, harassment or abuse of any sort is opposed
- Maintain their competence in association management through continued professional development
- Support the Society in its efforts to advance the profession of association management